The 5th program stream, encompasses two important systems in our body – the nervous system and the immune system.
The very brief description is this is a type of pain that affects the part of the nervous system that is involved in touch and feeling (surface or deep) – basically the sensory piece. It may affect other nerves too.
A common type of neuropathic pain is peripheral neuropathy. This may be a result of bad injury, metabolic condition, inherited causes, where someone may feel numbness, tingling, weakness, stabbing, and burning in the arms, legs, hands, or feet. Some examples are carpal tunnel syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome (reflex sympathetic dystrophy).
Auto Immune Conditions
These are conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, scleroderma, and fibromyalgia. Some symptoms include inflammation, swelling, pain, and may affect coordinated movement patterns.
Benefits of Using Manual Lymphatic Therapy Health & Lifestyle Program …
Some of the benefits from using a combined approach of hands-on manual therapy, exercise therapy, and lifestyle coaching are
- Better understanding of situations that may flare up symptoms
- Less redness, less scaling, itchy skin sensations
- Reduce anxiety by activating the “rest and relax” part of the nervous system
- Have less morning stiffness and pain
- Better to self-manage through lifestyle coaching
- Helps reduce frequency and severity of flare-ups
- Reduce the feeling of fatigue
While people respond differently in respect to the type of condition, how long they have had the condition, age, type of treatments already using it is still about helping to provide relief and adding quality to the day.
Follow us. Another case study will be highlighted.